There’s still time for winter comfort food! Try this one dish wonder that is both gluten-free and vegan created by Sakara Life.
ROSEMARY ROASTED VEGGIES WITH SPICY HARISSA WALNUT DIP
For the roasted veggies:
winter veggies of choice
1 Tablespoon organic, extra virgin coconut oil
1 bundle fresh rosemary
For the spicy harissa dip:
Makes 2 cups
1 cup toasted walnuts
1/3 cup hulled hemp seeds
2 cups roasted red peppers
2 garlic cloves
1/4 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp of paprika
2 Tbsp. hemp oil
1 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Wash veggies and cut into large chunks. Placed veggies on a tray and rub with coconut oil and sprinkle rosemary throughout. Place in the oven for 30-45 minutes, or until tender.
- To make the roasted peppers: preheat oven to broiler setting. Place sliced peppers on a baking sheet and broil until charred. About 15 minutes. Place peppers in a bowl and tightly cover with plastic wrap, allowing peppers to steam for about 15 minutes.
- Toast walnuts over medium heat until golden.
- Combine toasted walnuts, hemp seeds, garlic ground cumin, paprika and coriander in food processor and pulse.
- Once peppers are cooled, peel skins off and remove seeds.
- Mix peppers and hemp oil into nut mixture and blend into a smooth paste.
- Spoon paste into a bowl and place alongside roasted veggies. Double
dipping is always allowed!