Tonic herbs and adaptogens are amazing for our body. They respond to what our systems need through the miracle of plant intelligence, supporting us from the inside out.
PHOTOS: NITSA CITRINE
An adaptogen does not have a specific action, nor target a certain body region, rather it benefits the body as a whole, being able to respond to any influence or stressor that it needs to. These superfoods help us better navigate the stress-laden challenges and quirks of day-to-day life!
We asked Nitsa Citrine of Sun Potion to tell us more about some super-herbs and to whip up an adaptogen-filled tonic for us. Here is Nitsa…
Potion for Dreamers
This is our go-to Potion for supporting expanded states of consciousness, possibility, bliss and optimism while nourishing the whole body. We use a full-spectrum of the Sun Potion tonic herbs in a creamy liquid base to activate the creative mind + vision while supporting the brain, nervous, immune, and digestive system.
This warm potion includes:
- He Shou Wu – a prepared root extract which is deeply rejuvenative as it nourishes Jing (our primary essence or congenital energy) as well as skin, hair, and nails. We often receive exalted feedback from men and women who experience a significant increase in hair growth and overall “luster” after introducing this herb into their daily routine.
- Ashitaba – a member of the angelica family, the powdered leaves of this plant may nourish the blood, nervous system, and support healthy digestion and elimination. Ashitaba is an excellent source of B-vitamins and is considered a “beauty and longevity tonic” for its digestive-tonifying and cell-regenerative properties.
- Wildcrafted Pine Pollen – an amazing brain food and subtle aphrodisiac. This wild-harvested pollen of the Mason Pine tree has a mystical lineage of healing. Pines – cones, pollen, the trees are often connected to the Pineal Gland – which is a little endocrine “pine cone shaped” gland located in the center of the brain which produces melatonin and which has been associated with the Third Eye and inner vision…. excellent to nourish for dreamtime!
- Tocos – creamy, sweet, vanilla- flavored fluffy (almost cloudlike) powder full of bioavailable vitamin D & E. Nourishes Skin and Connective Tissue.
- Reishi – Queen Healer Mushroom – an organic full – spectrum mushroom powder that is excellent for building immunity, mental clarity & stress relief.
- Raw Heirloom Cacao – Organic, raw, unprocessed chocolate. Elevates energy, activates the brain and supports a sense of ease, well-being, and delight.
- Gynostemma Tea – anti-inflammatory, adaptogenic, immune-fortifying. We like to use Ron Teeguarden’s Spring Dragon Tea at home.
- Raw Organic Sprouted Almond or Cashew Milk – enzyme-rich, bioavailable fats for the brain and whole body – very yummy!
POTION FOR DREAMERS
1 teaspoon He Shou Wu
1 teaspoon Ashitaba
2 teaspoons Pine Pollen
2 tablespoons Tocos
1 teaspoon Reishi
1tablespoon Raw Cacao Powder
8 oz./240ml Brewed Gynostemma Tea
16 oz./ 480ml Sprouted, Raw Nut Milk
Add all ingredients – liquids first – to a high-speed blender (we like the Vitamix) and pulse for several
minutes. Pour into glass and sprinkle a little pine pollen and cinnamon on top. In Joy!